23 September 2009

I'm not sure

1. what to think of track workouts. All 3 have been completely different. Last night we had 3 x (4x400) with 100 jog between the 400s. As I've yet to find anyone else there who will run with me I did the workout alone. My goal was to hit the 400s at 2 min...putting me at 8 min pace. Tim says that's a good goal for me for a 5k time right now. So that's what I tried.

After last week's mess, I was a little worried. my first set was 1:50, 1:54, 1:55, 1:54. Whoa...cool, can I keep that pace up? Second set was 1:55, 1:55, 1:57, 1:54. Uh, oh...seriously come on Angela you can do this one more time, right? Last set 1:54, 1:55, 1:54, 1:49. Well color me stupid, I did it. I freakin did it faster than I wanted to. Take that 8 min pace, I kicked your butt with 7:40, how do you like that? I got a total of 5.25 in and actually did it. I told Tim that I had to walk some of the 100s and asked if that was "ok" and he said it didn't make a difference in my legs only my breathing. So I guess I need to work on my breathing at faster paces.

So seriously, maybe I just do better at shorter intervals on the track. Probably means my endurance is not so good at higher speeds...but I can work on that.

2. The name change a couple of you mentioned? If you mean the title of my blog, I changed that months ago. Not sure. Hmm. Has that evil goblin moved from my treadmill to my computer?

3. After a month of working full time, I'm not sure I like it. I miss terribly being at home with my boys. I don't like feeling rushed in the evenings to get home and get dinner done so I can be with them before bed. And in the morning I only get the groggy headed boys that can barely recognize that they are out of bed before mommy drops them off. I'm sure this will get easier, it's only been a month. Being a grown up sucks.

3 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Great job on the track w/o. It's Awesome to surprise yourself like that- you're faster than you think!!! :)

and about the name- when you leave a comment it comes from 2009 sportssomething sprint triathlon instead of 'Angela'... That's what we were wondering about. :)

N.D. said...

yes it says what mama simmons says instead of angela.

I can imagine that it is hard working full time. I am going to have trouble with it. I think it will get better.

Angela and David said...

It will get better but it never gets great. If I could go part time, I would. Yesterday Zach was the last baby left in day care because I got stuck in meetings. I felt so terrible.

Great job on the track. Sounds like you need to start doing mile repeats at 7:40. Seems you've got the speed for it.