04 January 2010

Dusted off the goggles

Well it was my first swim since B2B, 2 months ago. Let me start by saying that the beautiful pool that I posted a picture of a while back, where Tim and I went to master's class...that place is no longer in our plans. We did some math and turns out it's cheaper for us to join a wellness center owned by the hospital that has complete gym facilities (pool included) rather than pay for 3 swims/week only at the aquatic center. Sucks because the pool at the wellness center is a 5 lane, 25 yard, warmer (that's a plus), salt water pool. I actually like the warmer water and salt water (shocking right?) but only because it's easier on the swim gear, my hair and my skin.

So tonight, I got to the pool, licked the inside of my goggles and to my dismay, there was still salt from the B2B race in them...yuck. Then I get in the water, in only 10 seconds. Amazing, it normally takes me no less than 5 minutes to get in the pool at the aquatic center because of the temperature. I start my workout and wow...I can still swim. Arms were a little heavy but it felt good.

Not only have I dusted off my goggles, but the boys have dusted them off too. I've got to get a picture of it, but Brayden decided that he wanted to wear the neon green kid goggles we bought this summer, to the bank. Tim and I went to take care of some things and Brayden walked into the bank with his goggles on, in the middle of the freezing cold, no hat but neon green goggles. The looks we got were priceless. He's on a glasses kick....goggles, sunglasses, mr. potato head glasses...he wants to wear them all. Very cute, very funny and hard to take life seriously when you see him in any of them.

6 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

That story is funny about goggles in the bank. You definitely need to take a pic of that.

Michelle Simmons said...

I read that story about Brayden and his goggles to my husband... He said lucky Brayden is so young bc you could get yourself in trouble by walking into a bank with goggles on! ;) Crack me up!!!

Allison Chapple said...

Nice!!!

Unknown said...

Where are the pics of Monkey with the goggles on?

Angela and David said...

The glasses obsession is too funny. Where do kids come up with this stuff? And I'm like you, it takes me FOREVER to get into a cold pool. I don't understand those people who can simply just jump in.

N.D. said...

That is adorable about the googles haha! Glad you got in a good swim. I would definitely prefer salt water!Chlorine makes me itch all day!