30 April 2009

Less than two...

days till White Lake. It's been an extremely busy week, so I haven't had much time to blog. I'll catch up tomorrow; it was a Ryan weekend last weekend. Tim and I try to take him places by himself on a regular basis so that he still gets that "mommy, daddy and just Ryan" time in. I think it's helped to keep any jealousy from creeping into the house. And he typically asks why Brayden isn't around "I think Brayden is lost mommy."

So it was a Mudcats baseball game last Friday night and then the Air show at Seymour Johnson Air force base on Saturday. I'll get pics out soon, it was a lot of fun.

As for White Lake, I guess Tim and I are ready...or at least kinda ready. I feel really rested, so that's good...but if I eat another baked potato or pasta I'm going to sweat carbs...and I've only been loading since last night. I guess I like my carbs, but I like the ones like cereal and butter/jelly sandwiches (I know, I know). Oh well. Sickness is 95% gone, well rested, well hydrated and well carbed up...Bring it on.

4 comments:

N.D. said...

good luck!!!!

Michelle Simmons said...

I just spent 2 hours alone with a 16 month old and a 6 month old (girls! aren't they supposed ot be easier??) and suddenly have SO MUCH more respect for moms with 2 kids! Seriously, I don't know how you do it???

Good luck this weekend!

Rebecca DeWire said...

Sounds like you are ready to rock and focused! I wish you and Tim the best of luck. Most of all have fun out there! I have a very vivid from starting the run at White Lake and one lady who was cheering said "Enjoy it". I thought she was nuts at the time since I felt horrible, but what she said was so true. So enjoy every second of your race...as much as you can anyways :) And don't forget to drink and eat on the bike.

Angela and David said...

Good luck! Can't wait to read the race report.