06 April 2009

If it were a snake...

it would have bitten him in the rear. I'm usually the absent minded one, forgetting where I put things, not remembering who I've told certain stories so they here a story 5 times OR I move on three steps and they never heard the first part of the story.

Any how, Tim unloaded the car yesterday while I got the kids settled inside and then ready to go run. So this morning at 4:30 when he was charging through the house like a mad man I was completely out of sorts. "Tim, what are you looking for?"..."My wallet". So I got out of bed after he decided he couldn't be late for work and walked through the house to try and look for his wallet...it was destroyed. Couch cushions tossed, bags thrown around. I couldn't find the wallet so I went back to bed.

Ryan woke up and came downstairs to get me and we went to the kitchen to make breakfast. "Ryan, do you want to help mommy find daddy's wallet." And without missing a beat..."Here is daddy's wallet." Sitting right on the coffee table. Plain as day...found by a 2.5 year old. Sweet.

I ended up doing 8 miles yesterday back here in Raleigh, the kids were just to "spent" to try and do it at the beach. I must say that I would have preferred the flat ground and slight breeze at the beach much more than the rolling hills and stagnant air of the piedmont. Oh well. I've got a 3 hour ride this afternoon when Tim gets home. At this point I'm feeling relatively confident (satisfied more so) with my level of fitness for the swim and bike....but not so much the run.

4 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

Hooray, for Ryan, he saved the day! I am impressed that you still got in your run after your trip to the beach. I would have been tired and wanted to skip. It sounds like your training is going great.

Michelle Simmons said...

WOW! 3 hour ride on a Monday? I don't think I could handle that mentally!

Isn't it great how kids are so simple. We could all learn from them, no? ;)

Angela and David said...

That wallet story is classic. And the run fitness will come, you are putting in the work.

N.D. said...

Everyone else was too tired! Do you take the kids running whenever you go?