19 April 2009

The last thing you'd expect to hear...

So only 2 days a week do I have to go into the office. Those days start with getting up and dressed, fixing the boys breakfast and drink for the car ride (time saver since I have an hour trip to make and have to be at work by 7:30-8am and I have to wake them at 6:30), breakfast for me and then waking the boys up. After Ryan is up and dressed, we go get Brayden up and dressed and get in the car. I've gotten the routine down to about 30 minutes by doing a lot of the packing the night before.

Thursday I had put Brayden in the car and was lifting Ryan up into the seat (because he didn't feel like climbing in due to being half asleep). This was the first time in 3 months the kid hasn't climbed in by himself. Darn mommy. I hit his butt on the side of the car seat and he started whaling. Ryan is our "sensitive" child. We can already tell that Brayden seems to be a tough boy. Anyway, so Ryan just kept screaming "mommy I hurt myself, I hurt myself." "Ryan, I'm so sorry sweetie. Mommy didn't mean to hurt you. Are you okay?" "No, mommy kiss my bottom."

Uh, seriously I couldn't keep a straight face. It was so funny to me. I busted out laughing, invoking the hardiest belly laugh from Brayden while Ryan sat there and said "No mommy stop laughing at me. I hurt myself...kiss my bottom please." "Well, since you asked so nicely I guess I have to kiss your bottom." "Thank you mommy. My boo-boo is all better."

I'm so glad.

3 comments:

Alicia Parr said...

Awesome. Be sure to remember this story so you can relate it to the first serious girlfriend Ryan brings to dinner to meet the family. He'll love that.

Angela and David said...

Too funny. He basically told you to "Kiss his ass" but in a nice, sweet, adorable way.

N.D. said...

awww so cute!