11 February 2010

We Won the LOTTERY!!!!!

Oh heck yeah! That's what I'm talking about. What the heck has the family I married into done to convince me that the name Gautreau=bad luck. NO SIR! I called Tim this morning and said, I'm on my way to enter the lottery and he just said matter of factly "Well don't get disappointed." I politely responded "Don't bring your bad luck on me, I have good luck." he said "You're a Gautreau now, you don't have luck."

Well I simply asked him to send positive thoughts my way...and I don't know if he did but we won! It's wasn't money, but we won....two spots in a treasured church daycare starting in September. hehehe. Sorry to disappoint you readers out there. Apparently these places start registration now for September classes. And this particular church has really, Really good reviews and they do enrollment for open spots in the following priority:

1. church members with returning kids
2. church members
3. family of church members
4. non church members with returning kids
5. public first time enrollers

I happen to land in category 5, so there were limited spots as I got there today anyway. So as you turn in registration forms, they assign you a number and then numbers are put into a pot and drawn randomly. So I got number 20 to begin with and was the 19th person called from the lottery. Luckily most of the people called infront of me were registering girls or I would have been SOL.

On top of that, the 4 and 5 yr. classes are the hardest to get in to. Tim and I wanted something for Ryan to do a half day (9-12) two or three days/week starting around August to help prepare for kindergarten. This place is literally less than half the cost of our other day care program that was similar. At the other place we could have gone back for two days (9:30 to 12:30) for $275/month. This church, let's just say that I can get 5 days a week (9-12) for about half of that cost. Plus the parents rave about the teachers and the set up.

I'm excited. Ryan's in the Tuesday/Thursday class but wait listed for the MWF class. I actually got the last spot for him. And Brayden is in the MW class, but wait listed for the T/TH class. Brayden was the next to last spot. The goal is to try and get them going on the same days so mommy has more time to work and clean house. We'll see how that goes.

Amen for the Barnes good luck. Gautreau's I'm gonna take back the bad luck and we're starting over. Maybe next time it will be for money!

2 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

That sounds better than winning the $$$ lottery any day! Nice. :)

N.D. said...

That's great - so exciting. Winning anything is great :)