15 February 2010

I wish I had a picture

After having a few friends over last Saturday night, I was told this was a good story to post...I just wish I had a picture to go with it. So let me set the stage for you:

Brayden is addicted to toothpaste. He is like a heat seeking missile, only with toothpaste. He will find every tube and walk around with his pinkie stuck in the top and then lick his pinkie every 5 minutes and say "mmmm mommie". Thankfully he mostly does this with his and Ryan's "toddler" toothpaste that is fluoride free. Occasionally he sneaks in to our bathroom and ends up with Tim's crest sensitive or my Colgate.

About two weeks ago, Ryan decided that he needed the entire new roll of toilet paper I had put in their bathroom to clean up some poop he had dropped on the floor, so he literally put the entire roll in the toilet and then came running out with his underwear around his ankles asking for help because the toilet water was "coming out to get me". So I get the plunger out and plunge everything down. Mistake number 1: leaving the plunger in the boys bathroom by the toilet when I'm done.

So a little over a week ago, Tim and I were getting some little jobs done around the house. Tim was in Brayden's room fixing the curtain rod that was crooked and drooping in the middle and I was in our bathroom trying to fix the drain on the sink. The boys were playing in the play room in the middle of the upstairs (between the rooms Tim and I were in). I could hear giggling and talking and everything sounded fine...we all know that silence is deadly with little ones and there was no silence to be heard, so I wasn't stressed. When all of a sudden, Tim comes charging into our bathroom with Brayden in hand.

He was SOAKED and stood there with the biggest grin on his face. "No, mommie". Tim said he found Brayden in his bathroom playing with the plunger in the toilet...splashing all the water out and then sticking the plunger into his mouth like he had to taste to make sure whatever he was making was good. To make it better, as Brayden was playing with the plunger, Ryan was standing behind him, with my toothpaste, squirting it on the top of Brayden's head.

I just laughed. Tim didn't think it was that funny, but I found out 2 things: 1) Brayden will be able to help unclog our toilets now and 2) he gets his daily allotment of germs, so I know his immune system is ok!

I still can't stop laughing.

5 comments:

Angela and David said...

Boys! Glad you had a good sense of humor about it. I'd like to think I'd react the same way but I think I'd freak out first before I could laugh about it.

Rebecca DeWire said...

That story is great! I am pretty laid back about germs, but I am not sure how well I would handle the toilet plunger.

Natalie D said...

oh man! what a crazy story. :) Little boys!!

Alicia Parr said...

Plunger, yuck. I'm with Rebecca on this.

Allison Chapple said...

Glad we got to meet Sunday even though it was while I was huffing and puffing between laps. You guys did terrific!