02 November 2009

UH OH...

This statement has so many meanings when coming from a child:

1. I dropped my spoon (fork, cup, etc.)
2. I flushed some small toy down the toilet
3. I broke something and now it doesn't work
4. I hit my brother and now he's crying and I'm going to get in trouble
5. I went poop or pee in my pants
6. I can't find mommie or daddy
7. I've smashed all the peas flat on the table and can't pick them up
8. I threw my peas and hit the dog
9. My shoe came off

But the most recent and my least favorite.....

10. When followed by violent coughing "Ugghhh", it means I just threw up 3 meals, 8 cups of milk/juice and the tire of the toy car that I bit off before I dropped it in said toilet of #2 mentioned above.

I've heard "uh oh" from Brayden too much this weekend and mostly with the #10 meaning. Pour little guy got so used to vomiting that it didn't scare him anymore; he just simply (with no emotion) said "Uh oh".

5 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

Poor Brayden! He must feel terrible. I hope he feels better soon.

Michelle Simmons said...

:( Hope he feels better soon!

Hmmm. Moana throws peas at the dog but doesn't say Uh-Oh. Apparently that's not an Uh-Oh to her. ;)

Kate Parker said...

Ugh...hope he feels better soon! Uh oh is right.

Angela and David said...

Oh no. Hope he feeels better. The stomach bug sucks.

Alicia Parr said...

Poor little fella!

Uh oh is such a useful phrase, even though #10 kind of stinks.