18 November 2009

My time off

1. From sport has been great for the past 2 weeks. The first week after B2B 1/2 IM, I did absolutely nothing except eat. I started running again this week but otherwise, I'm enjoying the rest and family time.

2. From work is about to get more abundant....in that I have quit my job. Completely quit. December 4th is officially my last day and as of Monday December 7th, I will be at home full time with the boys. I'm excited. Many things led to this decision, but ultimately it came down to the boys and what's best for them.

3. From blogging has been a direct result of being torn in too many directions over the last month with training, racing, family, work, and rest. So now, I need the cliff notes for every one's blogs. Wow I missed a ton.

4. Is getting me excited about the reality of planning for my first IM race next season and working with Marty and/or Bri!

5. May turn into well needed time as we may get busier than we anticipated this holiday season...more to come, maybe??

4 comments:

Angela and David said...

I'm super impressed you quit your job. I keep toying with the idea but don't have the guts to do it. I'm excited to read about how you find the transition.

Rebecca DeWire said...

Congrats on following your heart and deciding to quit your job and be home with your boys. I bet you are counting down the days.

N.D. said...

Congrats on quitting your job :) Yaaa. I think you are going to love it :)

Michelle Simmons said...

That's cool you're gonna get to stay home with your boys. :)