16 August 2009

What a weekend

Last night Tim and I got a night out with some friends. Marty and Bri organized a night at the Durham Bulls game. We got some dinner at Mellow Mushroom, the ball game, fireworks and then a little socializing at the bar after the game. I must admit that when I asked Tim to leave, I wasn't as tired as I said I was at the time, but I was thinking about my ride this morning and if I'd be able to function on so little sleep. It was nice to get out amongst adults even though I'm not really a social butterfly.

So since we've moved, I've had the luxury of being able to get out on Sunday mornings and get some good road time in on the bike. It's absolutely gorgeous out here! Nice rolling hills, the lake, little to no vehicular traffic, and tons of other cyclists out. I was out of the house this morning by 7:15 and got a great 32 miles in. Just amazing riding. Not only good training, but just so good mentally as well. Peaceful, slightly overcast, cool weather, shady roads, rooster crowing. I just love my Sunday long rides now as apposed to being on the trainer for 2-3 hours.

The other great thing has been my ability to go to our neighborhood pool during the week and get one to two quick swims in...nothing long or extremely difficult. But it seems that the more I get in the pool the better I swim...whoa, what a concept right? The boys are loving the pool too, if we could only get Brayden to actually swim and not run around like a wild chicken.

2 comments:

BriGaal said...

For not being a social butterfly, I thought you did really well! Hope you guys had fun - wish I could've convinced Marty to leave when you guys did. I don't do late nights very good anymore.

N.D. said...

That sounds great!1 :) glad you are enjoying the new place and area, and getting in some great rides, swims, runs!