21 August 2009

Random

I've been picking up on the training hours since 01 August, doing pretty well actually. But this week has turned into an all out rest week for me. I guess I needed it. My legs were not so good yesterday when I attempted to run; in fact I only made it about 2.25 miles before giving in. I guess it will be fine though, just an ultra taper for a really small race on Saturday. And by small I mean it's only 400m swim, 12 mile bike and a 5K. I'm doing a local super sprint in Hillsborough. Did anyone catch the name of that city...HILLSborough. Yeah, not my favorite place to race around here but I just felt like racing.

After the race we're headed to take the boys to a water park in Greensboro and then we're off to the outer banks...Nags head actually. Tim is going to race on Sunday. Action packed weekend ahead. The boys will have a blast, that is if we can get them healthy. Everyone in this Gautreau house is borderline sick. Ryan is congested, Brayden has the croup (for the second time), I've been stuffy for a few days and Tim swears he's coming down with some weird deadly virus from swallowing lake water last weekend. I doubt the deadly part, but I have no doubt he's getting sick too.

And to top it all off, when we took Brayden to the urgent care to get a steroid shot for the croup, the first thing the doctor said (before shutting the door or looking at us even!) "so we had a child with the chicken pox in here today. You have up to 21 days for system to start if you're going to get it." Oh yes! That's what we wanted to hear. Luckily Ryan was not with us at the time so he didn't get exposed, but Tim has never had chicken pox. And at least Brayden go the vaccine at his 1 year visit. Hopefully it will work.

5 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

I hope your family gets healthy soon! Have fun in my old town :) And yes, there are some hills around there. Good luck!

Allison Chapple said...

Good luck and have a great time!! I'm looking forward to the day when Baker is old enough to go to the waterpark in Greensboro too.

Angela and David said...

Hope you guys all get healthy. Have fun racing this weekend!

Michelle Simmons said...

Have fun this weekend. YOU LOVE THE HILLS! :)

N.D. said...

eek on the chicken pox! Hope no one picks it up!! What a weird illness when you think about it, right?

Have fun on your weekend, this sounds like lots of fun!