17 April 2009

Should I wake him?/ House

It was Tim's night to lay with Ryan. You'd never guess that he's up at 4:30am to be at work by 5. He's been up there since 7:15 and it's almost 9:15. Hmmm, too cute seeing my man and my first son racked out.

On another note...house update. Our contingency ran out two days ago and we haven't sold our house. So, that beautiful house being built a few months ago now looks like this:
Front Yard
Formal Living/Dining area - walk through to Butler's Pantry/Kitchen
Kitchen Island - Look through Butler's Pantry to Dining and Formal Living
Eat-In breakfast/Family Room off the Kitchen (can see fireplace from first photo of formal Living Room)

So, this will most likely never see the likes of my furniture, my cooking, my kids or my cold feet scraping the floor on winter mornings. Some other couple will get the benefit of our cul-de-sac lot, hard wood floors, granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances, tile back splash, tile bathrooms and cushy upstairs carpet. Whatever. I'm not bitter, not in the least. In fact I'm happy that I got to customize this beautiful home for somebody else. It's like an early Christmas present.

I mean seriously, It's not like I've been dreaming about where I'm going to hang things, how our fenced in yard will allow my children years of happiness on lush green grass while I watch them from the kitchen window and I definitely haven't been shopping at Home Goods, Kirklands and other home furnishing stores that could provide new furniture to fill this new place. And it most certainly isn't like we've talked about the "new house" with Ryan at all and he doesn't ask when it's going to be finished every day. It's not like that at all.

Some people dream about their wedding day, their dress, decorations etc. Not me, I've been dreaming about the house my kids would grow up in and this was it...until two days. I'm not bitter...just really really sad and disappointed.

4 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Wow. What a raw deal. I'm sorry that fell through. It looks like an awesome house. :(

Rebecca DeWire said...

That is such a sweet pic of Tim and Ryan! And that totally stinks about your house. :(

Angela and David said...

That sucks about the house. Hope something works out. I'd be super bitter.

N.D. said...

oohhh. I hope something comes up to help. :(