12 April 2009

Movies that don't work

So, as I have to use the treadmill in our garage for 90% of my runs, we have a tv out there and movies since it's not connected to cable. I played out Matrix and about 3-4 adam sandler and chris farley movies. Used Forest Gump and The Game; Forest Gump worked great to pound out 8 miles a few weeks ago. The Game, not so much; a little too slow developing to keep your mind off the running machine if you know what I mean.

Last night Tim and I were getting our workouts in late, I think we started around 7pm or later. Tim was wanting to get a long bike session in and I was running. Instead of putting in one of the long training videos we have for the trainer, he put in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. HELLO...definitely a movie that doesn't work for taking your mind off the fact that you are stuck in a stinky garage, running in place at 7:30pm on a Saturday night. Help me please, I had to slow down, take 2 bathroom breaks and even walk to get my 9 miles in. I was wishing for a bridge over deep water and a cinder block around mile 5.

5 comments:

N.D. said...

Haha, that is definitely not a good one for running! Glad you got through it!

Rebecca DeWire said...

9 miles on a treadmill at night is really impressive! Wow, you are determined. I am not sure if I could do that.

Mnowac said...

Hey there Angela - no he didn't strip my membranes. At least he better not have, he didn't tell me if he did!

I like watching movies on the bike or treadmill too, but some just don't translate well at all. I usually do best with light stupid comedies. Especially if they are about 90 mins long, that keeps me on longer than the hour I would normally stay there.

Tim Gautreau said...

I like the Holy Grail, ok the ending sucks but it helped me get through my bike, so na na boo boo

Angela and David said...

I hate action movies, except when I'm on the trainer or treadmill. You actually don't have to hear any of the dialogue for most of them to follow the movie. Holy Grail, doesn't fall into that category.