05 April 2009

First Tri at the Beach

Tim and I came to North Topsail Island this weekend so he could race in the Wilmington Athletic Club Triathlon. It's a small sprint to get him "in the mood" so to speak. I'm actually not racing before White Lake 1/2...I may do my own "sprint" 2 weeks prior but I'm not paying to race.

Tim's parents have a condo, so they're letting us stay here for the weekend. Ryan was very excited about being able to watch daddy race this weekend...but last night turned south fast. Brayden only slept for about 30 minutes yesterday from the time he woke up at 6:45am until he finally went to sleep around 7:45pm. New places do that to him. Then I was up 4 or 5 times last night because he couldn't breathe. Little guy is pretty goopy today. So when Tim got up to leave at 6:15 I had to decline the trip, better not to take Brayden out in 53 degree windy beach weather. So instead I'm watching "handy manny" eating cheerios and blogging.

Hope Tim's doing well and feels okay when he's done because I've got a 9 mile run to get in before we head home.

2 comments:

Angela and David said...

That stinks. Hope Brayden is feeling better. Too bad Ryan didn't get to cheer for his dad - but it sounds like there will be lots of opportunities for that this summer.

N.D. said...

It must be hard to take turns with the working out and all that, and not to be able to go support him, but it is great you guys hold each other accountable and make sure you have the time to yourselves to reach your goals. Hope he did well!