07 April 2009

Accountability

Tim is my accountability, for many things. But recently I made him promise to hold me accountable for my training in the last few weeks before White Lake. So I was supposed to do a 3 hour ride yesterday when he got home, but all I could muster was 2. I was pretty happy with it though, I averaged 21 mph...this is better by about 3-4 mph from 2 years ago, or really even last summer when I raced so infrequently. But hey, the kids were awake and Tim still needed to get his ride in as well so it was time to get off.

Today we were supposed to go to Master's swim class, as we do every Tuesday night. But when I got off work my legs were tired from the Sunday long run and yesterday's ride...so I tried to convince Tim we should just go to dinner instead. NO SUCH LUCK...Tim said "I thought I was supposed to hold you accountable?" Okay fine, well can we just go get an easy run in then instead of swimming? So that's what we did...we went over to a local park and got some trail running in. It was only 3 miles at a pretty decent pace, but better than not doing anything. Thanks Tim.

Tomorrow calls for an hour of sprint intervals on the trainer and then a 5-6 mile run. I'll probably have to get up early to get it all in before Brayden wakes up, but then again, he had a late night tonight so maybe he'll sleep in...fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

That's great your husband can do that for you! As supportive as scott is, he would never kick me out of bed in the morning to go Work out. ;)

Rebecca DeWire said...

Scott and I totally hold each other accountable. There have been some days that he gets home from work and I tell him to get his @ss on that bike trainer now!

N.D. said...

That is great you hold each other accountable. So awesome to have that in a partner.