01 April 2009

Out of Touch

Wow, I just realized I haven't blogged in almost a week. It's been crazy busy around here lately...training, house, kids, training, kids, kids oh and kids. Free time is spent doing dishes, folding laundry that's been in the dryer for 4 days while I wash 3 more loads only to leave the last load in the dryer for 4 days, putting said clothes away, cleaning house on the off chance we'll get a visitor and taking 20 minutes to use the bathroom and eat. There is no rest for the weary.

I had a great bike training week last week, my running suffered for it though. I took the weekend off to let my legs rest only to be back at it on Monday. I'm focusing on running and swimming this week. Speaking of which....long course or short course? Anyone have a preference? I'm torn. We usually have to swim short course due to all the swim teams and such around here, but last night at Master's class they had long course. I love it because it gives you a better feel for swimming continuous...but it's got a draw back. I kept trying to hit my 50's on 45 sec to get 15 sec rest in between and was having trouble. I thought my night was just going badly...always gonna have a bad workout every now and then. The fastest I managed to get my 50's was 50 seconds. We got done doing the 3000 and my shoulders were DONE after all the pulls we did.

In the car on the way home Tim said "man, meters sure does make a difference doesn't it?" HOLY CRAP...hello, it dawned on me that long course is meters and short course is yards. No wonder...if only I could still blame it on hair color (no offense, I was blonde when I was younger). So we typically do 3000 yards, but by doing 3000 meters I think it's something like 3300 yards...who would have known that 300 yards can make that much of a difference. Oh well, like I said, I do enjoy the long course.

Only 5 weeks till White Lake Half...so only about 3.5 weeks left of solid training. Oh boy.

4 comments:

Angela and David said...

I love long course. It's just easier to get into a groove. Great job getting in the training. How you balance it all with two boys is amazing.

Michelle Simmons said...

Oh yeah... Longcourse WAY better! I'm so spoiled with the LC pool by my house and I hate shortcourse now. And I also leave laundry in the dryer for days... Poor Scott is always a wrinkled mess at work.

Rebecca DeWire said...

Sometimes we are really bad at our house and leave clothes in the wash for days. That means they smell and need rewashing.

Doesn't meters make such a difference? I used to think they were basically the same until they switched the lane lines at our pool. I was shocked at how much slower my times were!

N.D. said...

I always swam yards all year long and then the summer pool was meters and holy moly! Totally made a difference! I like short course most of the time but do like to switch it up!