27 August 2009

Single for the weekend

Tim took off for a weekend fishing trip with my dad and his dad. They're going down to Charleston to charter a boat for Friday and Saturday. The funniest thing about this scenario, if any of you know Tim, is that he doesn't like fishing. In fact he finds it boring and a waste of time. But when my dad offered for a long weekend and his dad said yes (both of them being fishermen) Tim felt compelled to go and spend the time with them. I think it's great, except for the fact that he's already called to tell me he's eating sea food for dinner tonight and I love me some sea food.

So what I am I doing for 4 days alone. Friday will be our typical day out. Saturday is morning swim class for the boys and then an afternoon trip to the zoo with my mom and Tim's mom. That should be fun. It's only about an hour away and it's a great zoo.

Sunday brings the 1 mile open water swim. Tim's asked me not to swim this race because it's in Harris Lake by Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant and he's scared I'm going to snort bacteria up my nose and die. But I think I'll swim anyway. What's life without a little danger, right? Besides, I assured him I don't snort lake water or bacteria.

5 comments:

Natalie D said...

So do you ever do girls weekends? I feel like its easy (easier) for us to stay home and be single but not so much for the guys! Enjoy the long weekend!

Angela and David said...

Are the bacteria in that lake mutant bacteria because of the power plant?

Sounds like a great weekend of family time. Hopefully Tim surives the fishing.

Michelle Simmons said...

Good on Tim for going... sounds like a bonding kind of weekend, even if the fishing isn't his thing.

Enjoy your weekend alone! Eat cereal for dinner, at least once, just because you can. ;)

And I'd do the swim too. I always figure that if the race is being put on, surely SOMEBODY has tested the water quality? Maybe I'm just too trusting.

BriGaal said...

The lake is used just to cool reactors! There isn't any mutant bacteria, unless you count the leeches...

Unknown said...

He's such a pessimist! What if snorting the water gives you super powers?! That would be awesome! BTW did he get a tetanus shot before going fishing cause he's more likely to stick himself with a nasty hook than you are to drink lake water and die.