03 August 2009

Off to a good start

So after White Lake 1/2 I took a little more of a training break that I had intended to, but with the house stuff going on it just happened that way. I was supposed to race in an Olympic distance race Saturday with Tim in Washington NC but I declined due to the lack of training. We still went and cheered for daddy (11th overall, yeah!).

I had promised myself that August 1st would kick start the official training for the B2B half in November. So when Tim got on his bike at the race, I hit the run course to try and get a good run in. His parents watched Brayden and my parents had Ryan so it worked out well. Since the run course wasn't marked, I ended up running part of the bike course. I'm not sure exactly how far I ran but it was for just shy of 40 minutes. I had to cut it short because the humidity was awful. I could have showered if I had the soap at 8 minutes in to my run.

After the race, we ate and left the boys at the lake with my parents. Tim and I got to come home and go see Nickelback for the third or fourth time. They put on a GREAT show! Definitely an adult show but a great show. Although, if we decide to go again, I'll have to make sure it's mostly songs from their new album. Essentially we've seen the same show every time we've gone to see them in the past 3 years. They only played 3 songs from their new album this weekend which is a shame. Don't get me wrong, they are a great band, but I want to hear the new stuff. Oh well, the night out was fun anyway.

On Sunday I got a great 2 hour ride in with a friend of mine. We've been talking about getting together to train for months and finally yesterday it worked out. In the pouring rain for two hours, but neither of us cared because we both needed the riding time outdoors. The first 18 miles were at a great pace, working hard. Then she took me up this incline that literally had my bike standing straight up. It was killer...and that was it for me. After that we finished the last 10-12 miles or so at a very leisurely pace, side by side, talking. It was a good time regardless. And guess what, we even talked about making Sundays a regular thing! Oh the glory of it. I'm so excited.

So days 1 and 2 of official training started off really well. Now a short swim tonight then a run/swim tomorrow. I'm getting back in the swing of things. Look out B2B.

5 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Glad things are settling back down for you and you can get back into a routine! Phew! I bet that feels good. :)

Angela and David said...

A Sunday riding partner sounds great. It never seems as painful when you suffering with someone else! Welcome back to the training.

N.D. said...

Glad you are back into the swing! Sounds like a nice time - night out and cheering on Tim. : )

Rebecca DeWire said...

I am excited for your B2B half training! That was such a positive race for both Scott and I...if you don't mind I will lie vicariously through you while you train for that event :)

Mnowac said...

Good luck getting back into your training. The bike ride sounds great!