06 August 2009

Get Hooked-Up

This was my conversation as I picked Ryan up from daycare today:

R -"Mommy, I bumped Cassius with the dump truck."
M-"Why did you do that buddy? It's not nice to bump people with dump trucks, that hurts them"
R-"I was not pay attention."
M-"did you apologize?"
R-"yeah, I did."
M"What happened after you bumped him, how did you get in trouble."
R-"Ms. Barbara told me no bumping, and I was not being nice, then go get HOOKED UP!"
M-"What does hooked up mean buddy?"
R-"It means, red means stop. You have to stop mommy the light is red now. Stop like the blue truck mommy. When we get home we can watch my car movie because I'm lightening McQueen. I'm fast, I'm a race car and I'm a builder digging in the dirt. You can be 'Mater' mommy and you can watch my movie with me."
M-"Okay, but what does hooked up mean?"
R-"Oh mommy, you stop it now and pay attention. Go get hooked up I said."

I just stopped after that. There's no real conversation with a 3 year old. although I was proud of him for telling me about the situation with Cassius at school.

3 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

Ryan is so cute! It amazes me that in a short while I will be able to have real conversations with Elena.

Angela and David said...

At three he's already using slang you don't understand. Just wait until he starts texting using those little phrases!

Natalie D said...

That is too cute. : )
And really good that he told you about it!! I hope that I can raise Nick to be open about telling me things, I think it all starts now!