31 May 2009

Can I get an Amen!

Let me hear it....AMEN!!!

1. Tim and I went for a trail run at Umpstead Park. I got about 5.7 miles in at about 8:46 pace. I don't run on trails and in fact the "trail" races I've done are on trails that are very hard packed, wide enough for 2 cars, no roots, no rocks and relatively flat. So this run was completely the opposite for me. Narrow, hilly, rocky, rooty (tooty fresh and fruity). I was pleased with the effort. But what it really made me realize is that for years of coaching volleyball, I had told parents that there is no need for their girls to wear ankle braces. They eventually make your ankles weaker due to always depending on alternate support.

In 10 years of playing I only ever taped my ankle once (the first bad sprain). Granted, I did have to wear an air cast for a weak for one sprain many years later, but that's not the point. The point is this, for all the pain of the rolled ankles, bruised ankles, swollen ankles, sprained ankles and not wearing ankle braces, I finally truly believe now what I had been telling those parents. Had it not been for the strength of my ankles due to volleyball, I would have walked out of that trail Saturday with a broken ankle and all scratched up. I must have rolled my ankles a dozen times if I did it once. And that is why I don't run trails. But any how, thank you volleyball! Amen.

2. Saturday after said run mentioned above, Tim and I stopped at a gas station. Tim left his wallet on the top of the car as we drove off and about 2 miles down the road remembered he had done so. Literally 6-7 minutes later we were back at the gas station and the wallet was no where to be found. After getting home, Tim called and canceled all the cards when I noticed a voicemail. The gentleman who found his wallet had already called and left a message. We met him back at the gas station to retrieve said wallet...it had everything (money included) in it! We paid the guy for bringing it back fully loaded. There are still honest people out there!!! Amen.

3. We finally sold the house!!!! We had a couple come by Friday night at 7pm and put an offer in Saturday. The initial paper worked is signed as of today and closing is set for July 15th I think. AMEN. Here's to positive thinking (Rebecca) that the inspection will go well.

Now let the house hunting begin! Amen.

5 comments:

Rebecca DeWire said...

CONGRATS ON SELLING YOUR HOUSE!!!!!! That is just awesome :) That must feel like such a relief to you and Tim. I hope you are able to find a new home even better than the other home you were building.

Angela and David said...

Congrats on selling the house and the returned wallet!

Did you play volleyball in college? I had great luck with my ankles until my sophomore year when I sprained it pretty badly. I loved how those air braces looked (made my legs look longer I thought) and was sad to give them up.

Natalie D said...

Congrats, that is so exciting. And good news about the wallet and trail run!

Mnowac said...

Congrats on selling the house, what great news! And that is really great about the wallet, what a relief.

I love trail runs, its nice to get out on different terrain.

N.D. said...

THanks Angela - can I email you? Here is my email tosha25italia@yahoo.com - I just wanted to ask you a couple of questions on your routine there. If not, that's ok!!