13 May 2009

Honeysuckle


I remember growing up in Jacksonville FL, we had a huge patch of honeysuckle behind our back fence. My sister, my friends and I used to grab it off the bush and suck it dry. I LOVED IT! So the weather here has been so beautiful the past week or so and I was actually able to run after work Tuesday. While running my first lap around the trail, I smelt the slightest hint of the honeysuckle and realized it lined almost every inch of my 2.13 mile loop. It was refreshing. Like playing outside when I was 7 again.

It really must have taken my mind off things because I looked down to realize I was running 8:15 pace for that lap. Crazy for me. Prior to White Lake 1/2 I was training at a 9 min. pace. So I went with it...kept pushing and by the time I was near the end of the 3.26 miles...I got another smell of the honeysuckle and wanted to puke! Oh dear, so there is only so much sweetness one can handle I suppose. But I did end my run in 26.48 for 3.26...feeling pretty good.

Tim and I both got in to the Wilmington Beach2Battleship 1/2 IM in November...so due to crazy house stuff and crazy Tim stuff I'll likely take the summer easy on racing. Actually I'll probably only do 2 or 3 tri's between now and November. Maybe I can get some road races in.

Happy Training everyone.

4 comments:

Natalie D said...

I love those runs where you can be off in your thoughts and just run!

Rebecca DeWire said...

I love the smell of honeysuckle, too! It is such a nice surprise to smell that when I am out for a walk or run.

Angela and David said...

One of the things I miss most about living in the south is the honeysuckle. It's really rare to run into it in the midwest.

Michelle Simmons said...

Sounds like a great run! :)