01 June 2009

You're a Girl

So the best part about selling the house is that I can let my boys be kids and destroy the house and not have an anxiety attack over it...or stress about dishes in the sink or laundry on the floor. How great is that?!

Anyway, I was supposed to meet Tim and our agent at some houses today for a look. We had to bring the boys with us so this was going to be fun. In the car ride there, I kept telling Ryan "I love you sweet boy." To which he normally replies "I wub you too mommy." No such luck today. So finally I said "Ryan, do you love mommy."

"No, I don't. I love daddy. Daddy is my buddy. And Grandpa is my buddy. I love daddy and grandpa."

"Well can mommy be your buddy?"

"No, you're a girl."

Lovely, just lovely.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess that must include Grandma and Nina in that category of "girls" too huh :-)

Angela and David said...

I didn't know the whole "girls suck" thing also applied to moms. That is upsetting. I am dreading that day.

N.D. said...

uh oh..when did this happen?? good luck!

Natalie D said...

Hey thanks for the nap tips. Today went better! It is frustrating when I think he should be napping and he takes his nap and wakes up 45 minutes later! then what do you do (he's usually crying at this point)

Michelle Simmons said...

That's too funny. I was really looking forward to Moana starting to talk, but maybe I can wait if those kinds of things are going to come out her mouth. ;)

Natalie D said...

Thanks for your comment Angela! What kind of routine did your boys have in the first few months? I don't even have a set routine, I'm still trying to figure out what it should be!