14 February 2009

STOMP

It was Christmas for Valentine's Day last night. My sister and her husband (Trudy and Chris) got Tim and I tickets to the Broadway Series show STOMP. We even had the opportunity to have a nice dinner downtown before going to the show. I had lobster ravioli...yum.

Our tickets said section "R-pit". Neither one of us had any clue, so we went to section R. The usher looked at the tickets and said "um, you guys are actually down in the pit, by the stage, second row." What???? Wow, go Trudy. We made our way down to the "pit", I felt so special. There was a couple sitting in our seats when we got there, and they looked very upset to have to leave our wonderful seats, but I was stoked. It was amazing! Has anyone seen it? They use unconventional instruments (trash cans, brooms, poles, water jugs, paint cans) to make music and perform dance routines. We were so close that we could feel the breeze they were creating by waving the trash can lids. I could see the sweat dripping off the one guys mohawk. I thoroughly enjoyed the night. We'll forget the fact that it took us over an hour to get home due to parking deck traffic. I would totally recommend this show for any of you who have the opportunity to go.

2 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

That sounds awesome! Glad you had the opportunity for a little adult fun! :)

Mnowac said...

Oh I love Stomp. How fun, glad you guys had a nice night out.