16 February 2009

Ryan's mind

I had a doctor's appointment today, and since the kids are at home with me and it's not the kind of visit they should be in the room for (especially Ryan), Tim met me at the Dr.'s office to watch the kids while I was being seen.

We were in the waiting room prior to the visit. Ryan was walking around looking at the magazines and brochures and says to me "mommy I'm going to read this one by myself." I turned to see him grabbing a brochure on NovaSure. Uh hum. He opened it and the first picture was one of a woman walking on the beach. "This lady is walking in the water, it's not hurting her...see mommy, it's just a little water." He's heard this numerous times during bath sessions as he doesn't like getting his hair wet. Next page, diagrams of a uterus...3 of them. Ryan said "mommy, count the trichangles with me...1, 2, 3." "Good job Ryan, there are three triangles...let's look at the next page." "It's just the lady walking again, I'm all done with this one."

Thanks goodness. All I needed was a self breast exam brochure laying around for him to point out to everyone in the waiting room that breasts have nipples. He hasn't brought it up recently but when he first asked what they (nipples) were, it was after bath when were getting him dressed for bed and he pointed to his and said "mommy I have two more belly buttons." "No sweetie, you only have one belly button, those are your nipples." So for weeks he felt it necessary to tell and sometimes show everyone his nipples. Even the babysitter.

Gotta love him.

7 comments:

Mnowac said...

Too cute! Makes me think of that old movie - Kindergarten Cop - there was a scene where a little boy kept telling everyone - boys have a penis and girls have a vagina.

Michelle Simmons said...

I love your toddler stories. :)

Rebecca DeWire said...

Toddler stories are adorable. Thanks for sharing, that totally brought a smile to my face.

Angela and David said...

That's hysterical. At least he was showing people his nipples, it could have been worse, he could be showing off his penis.

Angela said...

The funny thing is that "penis" was one of his first words. I used to always tell him to stop playing with it at diaper time or in the tub and shortly after the one year birthday he would just walk around saying it. Or when you changed his diaper he would grab it and say "penis".

The funniest thing was to see the look on my mother's face the first time Ryan told her during bath time that she needed to make sure to clean him penis too. I almost fell out. All she could muster up was "yes Ryan I will clean that too."

BriGaal said...

That penis story is hysterical!

Natalie D said...

Hahah, that is hilarious!! What kind of brochures are laying around at your doctors!