12 February 2009

Dream Snatcher

"I want this so bad but I don't want to take away your dream." Says the girly man in red tights with 2 head bands in his highlighted spikey hair and multiple face piercings. And can you believe "Norman" made it to the final 36???? American Idol is crazy...it's my guilty pleasure, the train wreck I can't turn away from, that and any show about the Duggars and their 18 children, yes 18. I'm amazed by it or rather baffled by it. The oldest son just got married and his mother is 5 or 6 months pregnant with the 18th child. Just nonsense.

I found out today that the most children born to a single woman (in the 1700s) was 69 children over the span of 40 years. Interesting note: the 69 children were born in 27 pregnancies, all of which were multiples. I think it was something like 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quads. All I can say is learn to say no. I would love another child, actually I would love 2 more children...but I can't imagine birthin' no babies after that. Whew.

On a different note, both the boys were exhausted tonight. Brayden was in bed by 5:15 and Ryan by 5:45. No doubt Ryan will still be peaking over the edge of the bed at 4 to scare the crap out of me, but at least there was quiet time tonight. We had an trying time at dinner getting Ryan to eat. Every bite was a melt down because the spoon had sauce on it, or his hand got cheese on it, or the spoon didn't hold enough food.

Tim's blisters have healed adequately enough for him to still want to race the Valentine's day Marathon Massacre on Sunday. And, I'm glad to announce that he got a pair of trail racers today. Yeah for proper equipment.

4 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

69 kids? Holycrap. And there I was all proud of myself for taking care of 2...

Alicia Parr said...

We watch American Idol and Survivor religiously and I am not ashamed of it. Very entertaining. :)

Mnowac said...

I love reality tv too! I have gotten over AI though, but can't miss Biggest Loser. I like John and Kate plus 8 from time to time, it just amazes me how rude she is to her husband.

That is interesting about those 69 kids... you only imagine that type of thing in these days of IVF, some people must just really be prone to multiples. Boy 69 kids, that's just...wow...gross? Not sure what the word is.

Angela and David said...

My can't miss TV is Top Chef, Biggest Loser, Jon & Kate Plus 8, the Office and and 30 Rock. Thank goodness for Tivo because otherwise I would plan my social life around these shows.