31 January 2009

Time Keeper

Where does it go? When you're young you have no concept, it's about the slow months between Decembers and how to pass them or the idea that June, July and August must not have as many days because summer vacations (everyone remember those?) seem to fly to fast. When you're pregnant time creeps by taunting you that it knows when you will be blessed with a new being and you don't. When your child is born, time seems to stand still for just a brief moment, the day is in slow motion. And then to play a huge trick on you, time pushes the fast forward button and the next years fly by without so much as a hint of where they've gone.

You turn around and "poof" you baby is a small person talking like an adult, you're 10 years older in a completely different place than you had ever envisioned for yourself, your parents are no longer the energetic cheerleaders on the sidelines but rather the older couple in the over sized car that you mumble under your breath about on the highway and your body is no longer as limber, tight or perky as it once was. Your eyes have feet, you have battle scars from wars your proud of and your knees pop every time you stand up. How do we get it back, how do we cherish it, how do we save it, how do we not take time for granted? Beats me...all this from a trip to the grocery store that took 7 hours round trip (we go once a month to the commissary with my parents). And thinking the entire time that I should be at home cleaning, playing with the boys, spending time awake with Tim, working out, or blogging (for goodness sakes).

Training wise, Tim watched the kids yesterday after he got off work and I was able to get my second swim workout in for the first time! Woohoo, I've double my swims this week. The hurt achilles seems to have caused a calcium deposit (or something) on my heal...it's painful and swollen. I've only run 3 times since the duathlon 2 weeks ago. Luckily I'm still able to bike without any pain. I've got a brick coming up in a few hours...hopefully I can get a better run in than I did on Wednesday. It was so bad that I just stopped. Better to stop than to run badly or maybe that's just me being lazy. Tim and I had to make an agreement last night to stop enabling each other's laziness and start encouraging each other's training.

3 comments:

Mnowac said...

Congrats on getting in that second swim. I struggle horribly with swim motivation (totally not doing it right now). Time sure does fly, I try to focus and remind myself to enjoy it, but its so hard in our go go go world.

Thanks for the last comment on my blog, that makes me feel better!

Michelle Simmons said...

Well said! Moana is growing like a weed and seems bigger/older/smarter to me everyday.
Hope your foot feels better! Sucks being injured.

N.D. said...

The passage of time so quickly is SCARY!! Glad you got to swim and hope the foot gets better.