25 January 2009

Handy Man

Ryan decided to help me put laundry away and was in our closet holding hangers for me. I turned around for a second and then heard a crash. He had somehow torn the metal bar out of the wall that holds the wooden bar for the hangers (hope that make sense to everyone). So I turned around a to find Ryan standing there trying to hold the bar up while all the clothes were sliding off and looking so upset and worried. When he saw me looking at him he said "mommy I'm sorry I broke it, I'll get my tools and fix it." He walked off, dropping all the clothes on the floor and went and found his tool kit. He then proceeded to take out his little plastic screw driver and tried to screw the support bar back into the wall and then hammered the wooden rod to try and get it to set inside the support correctly. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. "I fixed it just like Handy Manny Mommy."

On the training end, I had a good 85 minute ride today. Steady state, legs felt good. I'm hoping to get into the pool more than once a week starting this week, and my achilles is feeling better so hopefully I can get some good runs in this week. Tim and I are doing a marathon relay the second week of February; my only concern is that I'll slow him down tremendously...although I guess an average pace between the two of us is probably still a good pace.

6 comments:

Mnowac said...

Oh my gosh, that story you left on my blog is too funny. They thought your water broke. Ooohh. It's not so bad when I am wearing jeans, but its only a matter of time it happens at the gym in like grey workout pants or something.

Angela and David said...

That is adorable. Hopefully that handy little attitude continues as he gets older and can actually be handy.

Hope the achilles stays healthy for you!

N.D. said...

awww that's so cute!!! :)

The marathon relay sounds great! I wouldn't worry about slowing anyone down, just having fun!!

My achilles has been a problem lately in the last few weeks, do you have any good stretches?

Michelle Simmons said...

Your posts totally crack me up!! I enjoy reading about what I'm in for down the road... :)

Rebecca DeWire said...

What a great story. Thanks for sharing. It is fun to see what Elena might be up to in a year or so.

Have fun in the marathon relay.

Alicia Parr said...

Oh my God that is a cute story with the plastic tools!