02 February 2010

Where's mommy

Last night Tim and I went over to the neighbors house to watch House and 24. Ryan went with us to play with their kids; it was a good time for the family.

At some point during House, Ryan came meandering downstairs and looked right at me asking some question like "what are you doing?" To which our neighbor Shauna replied "Ryan, where's your mommy?" Ryan looked at her confused and then started looking around the room. "Ryan, is your mommy in the chimney?" Ryan again looked at Shauna, then walked over to the chimney, bent over and then looked up the chimney as best he could. This went on for a good 2 or 3 minutes. The entire time I was just rolling on the couch laughing loudly and he never looked at me or came over there. Even after he had seen me originally.

Finally, I called his name and told him to come over and give me a hug. He just let out a little giggle. I'm glad that my 3.5 year old son can still be 3.5 years old and isn't so grown that he doesn't believe the insane requests of a joking adult. It's just so darn cute. I love that little boy so much.

1 comment:

N.D. said...

Haha that is too cute!