02 January 2010

The Three D's

Desire, determination and dedication. That's what Coach Lamb always taught us girls for softball in high school. You've got to have the desire to accomplish something new and challenging, the determination to carry you through the training and preparation and the dedication to stay with it regardless of what obstacles arise. So that's my mantra from now until I cross the finish line on September 25th.

After two months off, I feel rested, rejuvenated and revitalized. I'm ready to go. To start it off, I watched the broadcast of Ironman World championships 2009 last night with Tim. As always, very inspiring and motivating. And now I begin my quest to join the lot of you Ironmen out there.

I've received my first week's worth of workouts from Coach Marty! I'm excited to get started. I just hope the boys are excited as I am when they have to play in the garage while I bike and run...well it just depends on when I fit it in.

Merry Christmas to everyone and happy new year! Here's to a wonderful start to 2010.

3 comments:

N.D. said...

I bet you are ready! that's great :) Happy New year!

Rebecca DeWire said...

That is awesome you have a coach this year. Good luck on your journey to become an Ironman.

Angela and David said...

Enjoy the training! Sounds like you are ready for a great year.