10 January 2010

Happy Birthday

Today I turn 32. And to my recollection, I've had some pretty awesome birthdays before...mostly with family. I never tend to really 'celebrate' my birthdays as much more than family and maybe a few friends. But this year I decided to have some girlfriends over last night when Tim said "I wanted to host a poker tournament on Saturday".

Well dang...let's just make a gathering of it shall we? And we did. Work friends, girlfriends, poker friends, and neighbors. It was a lot of people, and if you read this blog with any frequency, when the crowd gets much over 5 people, I get overwhelmed and clam up. Not last night. We had close to 30 people show, in addition to 6-10 kids. It was so nice. Kids running around, playing, eating, adults chatting, drinking and laughing. Awesome. I had a blast actually. The most fun I've had on at a birthday function of this size in a long time. The only thing I really got uncomfortable with was Tim calling attention to me so everyone would sing happy birthday...not a fan of being in the spotlight, so that was a little weird...but nice.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the small family gatherings, but the big party served my mental state well last night. Maybe it's because I've come to know all these people through small gatherings that I didn't mind it getting so large, but needless to say it was more than enjoyable.

So to anyone who reads the blog that also stopped by last night, a huge THANK YOU for the well wishes and making my birthday a great day!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a fun party. :))))

Allison Chapple said...

HAppy Birthday! Sounds awesome to me! :)

N.D. said...

That's so sweet! I do not like being sang to either! :) Happy Birthday!

Angela and David said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time.