17 March 2009

3 Signs of Trouble

I used to follow Ryan around when he was little to make sure he didn't get into anything he shouldn't and so as not to miss anything cute he might do. I relaxed a little when he started walking and then a little more when Brayden was born. I guess I trust them to a certain degree, not that I don't watch them or play with them because I do...I'm just not as "hawk eye" as I used to be. But there are a few things that will make you stop and wonder what is going on:

1. When you hear the words "uh oh mommy".
2. There's a loud screech.
3. It is absolutely quiet and nap time isn't for another hour.

No. 1 is typically when they are doing something like trying to fit toys down the toilet or in the DVD player and they get some sort of outcome they didn't think would happen; like the DVD player spinning around making noise or a toy not working properly because a 4 inch Mickey Mouse is stuck in one of the holes.

No.2 is either a fall or finger slam...or in the case of the picture below, when an innocent hug turns south because big brother is just tall enough that a hug is at the height of a head lock. Notice how Ryan is smiling and was actually saying "I love you baby" at the time while Brayden is terrified.


No. 3 is perhaps the scariest and most important one to recognize...silence is not good when you have little ones. It means they are up to no good or hurt...like drawing on the ways or eating wood chips or finding the one thing you will most definitely forget about when baby proofing.

3 comments:

Natalie D said...

awww.. that picture!!
so they are about 2 years apart? I'm still trying to figure out what a good distance between the kids are!

Thanks for the frozen milk tips too.

Michelle Simmons said...

Oh yeah... I bet silence is the worst one!! Amazing what kids can get into...

Angela and David said...

Love the new pictures. And good to now about the silence. I have a feeling I've got lots of silence in my future.