16 December 2009

It's official

As of yesterday, I am signed up for my first IM. I'm going to do the Chesapeake IM in Maryland on September 25th. A few things led to the decision to pick this race: 1) It was "early" in the season and not in November, 2) It's flat and most importantly 3) the coin landed on heads and tails would have gotten me into the Redman IM in Oklahoma. I'm excited and ready.

In other news, this is my second week at home with the boys and it's been great so far. I can't say that it's been full of "fun" yet as it seems that it's taking me a long time to just get general up-keep of the house caught up. Believe it or not, we've haven't unpacked everything from the move back in July. But the most exciting thing...is my first Christmas present. I've already gotten them from my parents. I wanted built in book shelves for around our fireplace to fill the void and viola...what do you think? Unfortunately I didn't take before pictures...but they are awesome!
Other than that, our first few weeks have been crazy. We've made a gingerbread house. See the nice little smiley face Ryan made on the roof?




















We're also seeing how Brayden wants to be just like his big brother...he's already trying to go pee on the potty and he's pulling his pants down and up by himself...he can't quite get them back up. I missed my boys.

6 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

WOW! An Ironman!! Exciting stuff! :)

And yes- LOVE the shelves!

Rebecca DeWire said...

That is so cool that you signed up for the IM! And those shelves are awesome. That gingerbread house is cute, what a great activity to do together.

Tim Gautreau said...

not sure what is wrong with the shelf and mantle photos but I promise my house does not slant to the right as it appears

Angela and David said...

Congrats on the IM decision! I'll be doing Kentucky around the same time so we can commiserate together.

The fireplace looks great! And I can't believe Brayden is already trying to potty train himself. You lucked out there.

N.D. said...

I love the bookshelves - they look perfect there and I can't imagine it without them! This is perfect time to be home with the boys, I think. So many fun holiday projects! Congrats on picking an Ironman!!

Unknown said...

I am not a bit predjudiced at all but my Grandsons are too adorable! Forget the bookshelves, the IM and the slanted house! I have my priorities straight:-)
Signed, Anonymous