18 March 2012

On the Move...Again

Ever since I went to college, I have moved nearly every year. Recently it's only been every 2 years and honestly when Tim and I bought the house we're in now, we said "this is our forever house."

I guess "forever" doesn't hold up to job opportunities. Tim and I found out last week that we'll be moving again after three years in what is perhaps my favorite house ever. It's a great open floor plan, hardwoods throughout the downstairs, on a cul-de-sac, fenced landscaped yard, screened porch, great neighborhood and good neighbors. Alas we're headed west...to Colorado. Tim's been offered a great opportunity in Boulder with his current employer, so it's hard to pass up.

We're both pretty excited about it, but very nervous at the same time. Both of our families are here in NC. My parents live about 10 minutes down the road, Tim's parents are a little over 1 hour from us and his sister and our niece live only 5 minutes down the road as well. Having family close has been extremely helpful and nice for the kids to be able to know their extended family, so it's going to be a change for us to not have that. We'll be a bit closer to my sister and her husband, who are in San Francisco, but still we'll be away from everyone.

We are looking forward to the atmosphere, activities, scenery and just a change, but we are not looking forward to having to prepare the house to sell on such short notice. It looks like Tim will have to be out there sometime in mid April to the beginning of May. I'll have to stay until Ryan's school year ends at the end of June. Here's to hoping we can get the house on the market in the next 2 weeks and somebody really likes it!

If anyone out there is looking to move to NC, let me know...there's a great house that I'm going to miss dearly up for sale.

2 comments:

N.D. said...

wow transitions! :( You seem to be so good at this. Good luck with everything.

Angela and David said...

Wow! Congrats! That is a huge move. I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.