03 December 2010

Getting back in swing of things

I've finally gotten out of the mild funk I've been in and have decided to be serious about physical activity and healthy eating habits. I guess I'm tired of being a bum and my clothes getting tighter.

I kid you not, it's getting bad. I've been completely slack and when I say that my average weekly training hours went from 14-15 to 1 or 2, please try to hold back the gasps and "holy $h!ts". I know, believe me I know. I just couldn't do it, for whatever reason, I just couldn't...so I didn't.

But now, I'm tired of the dimples appearing in places other than my face and not sleeping well because I'm not tired because I'm not expending any amount of energy during the day that resembles a normal human being. I guess I'm tired of being "normal"...that's what everyone says anyway. "you should take some time to be normal again". But what does that really mean? Lazy? Because normal for me was working out, exercising, training (whatever you choose to call it) at least 6 of the 7 days of the week. That was normal. Normal for me, pre endurance training, was 5-8 hours of aerobic activity a week.

So really, I think what people (those that don't race or exercise regularly) mean to say is "stop making me feel bad about the fact that I don't do what you do, and be like me for a while so I feel better about myself". Is that a fair assessment? Maybe not nice, but fair. And I'm tired of that "normal" life.

Despite the past week being nothing but greasy burgers, salty fries, ice cream, sugary cereal (captain crunch with berries being my favorite) and tons of doritos with salsa (ok so the salsa isn't so bad until you eat the entire jar in one sitting), I'm tired of the junk food. I mean, the taste buds like the junk food, but my body is starting to hate the junk food...I'm all sluggish and mushy and yucky feeling. Heck, I've even broken out with pimples this week...how old am I again?

So I'm done with being normal, lazy, non productive and slack. I think I've tried it for a sufficient enough amount of time to have recovered physically, emotionally and mentally from this past year. Time to get crackin' on being me again. Nothing like trying to do that over the holidays...whatever! You cookie makers, pie bakers and soul food cookers....don't come to my house, leave me alone, I don't want it. Well, maybe just give me a few weeks to get back into my routine, then you can come by....really you can. I take anything chocolate and coconut...or pumpkin flavored or savory warm pastry...crap...I need help.

Somebody, call the food doctor. This is more serious than I thought.

No comments: