13 October 2009

Up or down?

I've always heard women complain about their significant others or brothers or sons (what have you) leaving the toilet seat up. I can honestly say that I don't even need 1 hand to count the number of times it's been an issue since Tim and I have been together. Maybe once or twice in the middle of the night or something.

So I swore that I would teach the boys to put the toilet seat back down after peeing. And they both do. I say both even though Brayden isn't potty training, he still sits on the little training toilet on occasion and then puts the lid down when he sees Ryan do it. And Ryan, never misses a time. There's been instances where I'm trying to rush to get him to bed or get him dressed for school and he'll tell me "Mommy, wait...I have to put the top down slllloooowwwwllly, like this." As he inches the top down for 30 seconds so not to slam it down. I'm quite proud actually.

So if I don't have an issue with a 31 year old man, a 3 year old and a 17 month old, what's up with the ladies at work? Seriously, have you ever known a woman to put the toilet seat up after she's done using the restroom??? Well we have one at work. And until a few days ago, nobody knew who it was. We would all come out and say "are we sure the guys aren't going into our restroom." Is there a transgender female working here (my apologies if that offends anyone). But we just couldn't figure out why a woman would do it.

I mean most women are so picky about cleanliness in the bathroom that they use the toilet covers and use their feet to flush the dang toilet; so why would you touch the seat??? I don't get it. But last week I walked in the bathroom to find the stalls were full. The first one out, the new old lady (mid 60s), 5ft2 and frail looking...and what did I see, the toilet seat up. I found myself wanting to ask her why she does it. But I just thought it was inappropriate and ridiculous to even care about it. I don't know why it bothers me, but every time I see the seat up I think somebody with a penis has been in our restroom.

Just put it down...slllloooowwwlllyy.

1 comment:

N.D. said...

hahaha :) it is great you are teaching them to put the seat down. Nice idea!!